welcome
Welcome to Driving Toward Death! We are a supernatural site set in the fictional town of Scylla Bay, Alaska, where the town sees very little sunlight during the winter months and the climate is consistently freezing. Rumor has it supernaturals run the town, but there also lurks a powerful enemy in the darkness.
credits
This skin was coded by Laura exclusively for Driving Toward Death and should not be replicated in any way. Mini profile was also coded by Laura, and again, should not be replicated in any way. Pop out script is credited to Black at code, custom usermenu is credited to argents at wecode, the code script is credited to nicole, and the toggle cbox is credited to kismet! Skin purchased by Dusk.

staff

Add Reply
New Poll

Bas Volarium, 54 | Sphinx | Matthew Bell
Bas VolariumSphinx • 65 posts • currently Online • message me • played by Rook • she/her • est • contact Pm or Discord
age 54
pronouns he/him
Group/Faction Peninga Pride
Occupation Author/Rex
sexuality Homosexual Polyamorous
relationship Open
Partner
face claim Matthew Bell
  • full name Bas Volarium
  • nicknames varies?
  • age 54
  • occupation Author
  • gender Male
  • orientation bisexual polyamorous
  • membergroup Sphinx
  • faceclaim Matthew Bell
  • content rating 3/3/3
[TW-mentions of rape, death, abuse, ect]

Bas wasn't created from a consensual union. His mother, a witch, his father a spiteful Sphinx that would take out his hatred in a truly horrible way. It was a rough pregnancy. His mother was fragile both health wise and mentally but she did the best she could, alone with a babe she hadn't been prepared for. She would eventually find a partner and Bas, being the advanced child he was, soon became the bane of that man's existence.

It wasn't a healthy relationship. His mother was under the guys thumb and Bas always bucking against him, even in his youth. He was a troublemaker. Going out of his way to cause that man who was eventually to be his stepfather to have a horrible day. Be it little things like hiding his keys or drinking the last bit of his favorite drink. To more extensive pranks like sticking tacks into the guys shoes.

He hated the boy. And the feeling was mutual. It only grew worse as Bas aged. In his teen age years he made no attempt to hide that he was sexually active with both males and females. Sometimes even throwing the fact that he had fucked a guy into his stepfather's face because it seemed to ruffle his feathers so horribly. Bas's mother was all the while a silent bystander. Loving her son but afraid to step up. She tried to keep tensions calm, well aware of what Bas was and how dangerous he might be if pushed too far.

That home was his territory you see. And that guy was only an intruder that needed to be dealt with. Nothing more. He was twenty when his father would return to their home one night. Drunk. Again. His mother's screams would end abrumptly. The lanky young man practically flew through the house to find his stepfather standing over her body.

He was frozen with shock. Staring down at her body in disbelief. Forgetting even to breathe. It was a brutal shove against the wall that would startle him from his shock. His thin body pressing back against the human would attempt him harm. A disgusting hand creeping around to grope at the front of his jeans.

And the things he said...

Bas blacked out. That is the only way to describe it. He would come to perhaps an hour later. A lion standing over the meager remains of his stepfather's remains that he hadn't devoured. His belly swollen with the flesh of man. He had the presence of mind to call the police. To report what had happened.

Self defense, they deemed it. He was on probation for several months for the desecration of a corpse. But once that time was up he knew he needed a new start.

Needed to get away from all the negative, the loss of his mother. His own violent nature that had surfaced so shockingly. He needed to be around others of his kind. It was only by chance that he would come across Alaska and the stipend that would be paid just to live there.

It was too perfect. That was nearly twenty years ago. He has been settling up his new home since. He wrote a novel...or five. Always the intelligent man that would grow bored of lectures and sitting in class as a youngster. He wrote a book about his mother, it was fictional...if you were to ask him. Completely not ripped from his own life. But the sales of that book gave him the funds to build a pride house for his people. Bas has flourished as a leader...if a lazy one. He doesn't rule with an iron first by any means. He has loose guidelines but there are certain lines you just don't cross with him.

Whats his is his. Be it property, people, what have you. It is entirely likely that if he were to be too horribly angered again that he would have another black out moment. So...he tries to avoid it at all costs. He is a very....touchy man. Affectionate and desiring the attention of others. Whether that is good or bad would be according to your take on it really. He doesn't actively search for members, but welcomes those that he finds with open arms as long as they respect his rules. He is certainly not...conventional. He is aware of the other Prides and isn't entirely sure how he feels about them. But as long as they stay off of his grass he plans to return the favor.

He would be the guy to throw a party and invite whoever wanted to attend. But heaven forbid you break a lamp...

about

Bas is...Bas. A very unconventional leader and yet things have worked out well for him so far. He has a tendency to be extremely cat like in nature. Plucking at others...playing with random things that catch his interest. Wanting attention at the worst possible times and getting frustrated if he doesn't get it. He is in general easy to work with. He does, however, have a few rules that he lives by and expects the same out of the Peninga Pride. He can come off a tad snobbish with his disinterest at times....or just plain annoying. Odd...that would be a good word for him. He isn't a straight out 'here are my muscles I'm so scary' sort of guy. He would much more likely be the threat someone never saw coming. His actions can fluctuate between feminine and masculine depending on his mood, as does his sexual desires.

Hint- If you are a part of his pard don't be surprised if you wake up with a rather lanky man curled up on your feet or drooling on your pillow. He calls it 'sleepwalking' but..who knows.

platonic

Friends...all the friends. It is rather easy to become friends with Bas although good trusted friends are a little harder to find. He is, in general a rather friendly welcoming fellow as long as you don't step on his toes.

romantic

This is a rather...extensive category. Bas is very free spirited but he will/is practicing polyamory if (when?) he finds the right people. He is a very affectionate man and that affection knows no borders. He does however find contact with a werewolf just...unpleasant. They just don't smell right....wet dog for days. With men and women alike Bas is a switch. Never always dominant and can be surprisingly submissive when he is in the mood. For him sex is...sex. Its great. He couldn't live without it. But what matters more is the connection. And the cuddles. He fucking hates sleeping alone. (Aka why he 'sleepwalks' into random pride member's beds.)

antagonistic

Kitty has claws? Yeah, jokingly but seriously. What's his is his. Don't touch it. He does black out when he rages out. So you will basically have a massive lion running around with little human influence to stop his animalistic urges. Don't hurt his pride, don't break his shit, leave love letters in his mailbox from time to time-and he's golden.

other

Bas loves to read, he can also be found jotting down ideas in a little journal he keeps in his back pocket often. He also loves being outdoors...but he chills easily so he will layer on the sweaters until he looks like the Pillsbury doughboy. He enjoys just hanging out....lots of things really. He doesn't enjoy watching television or things of that nature, very much. Board games are right up his alley. As well as truth or dare. He can, at times, be somewhat childlike. Although unintentionally so.
  • ooc name Rook
  • timezone est
  • contact pm or find me on site discord
  • other characters narp
MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 27 2018, 10:18 PM
CielAdmin • 212 posts • currently Online • message me • played by Ciel • She/her • EST • contact PM/Discord
#1 Admin
age 23
pronouns She/her
Group/Faction the breakfast club
Occupation definitely not kylo ren
sexuality Nuggetsexual
relationship married to nuggets
face claim me myself and i
accepted welcome to DTD ! ? !
Welcome to Driving Toward Death! Your character has been accepted. Next step is an important one. You gotta do your claims, buddy. Its the rules: Once your claims are completed, be sure your shipper is ready, and get plotting.
Jun 27 2018, 10:28 PM
Elias JagerWerewolf • 108 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by Ciel • She/her • EST • contact PM/Discord
Elias
age 105
pronouns He/him
Group/Faction Jager Pack
Occupation Senior Creative Director
sexuality Bisexual
relationship Single
Partner None
face claim Evan Peters
Hi there, Rook, and welcome to Jurassic Park DTD!! :D

So I have Mr. Jager here to throw at you, as promised! He's the beta of the Jager Pack and the alpha's brother and also an executive in his sister's successful business, so he kind of his some influence over a lot of Scylla Bay. Although Peninga and Jager territories on opposite sides of the city, I can definitely see Elias still wandering inside Bas' territory, probably too obtuse to notice that he is. xD

Basically, he's my fun-loving, partying, generous puppy, and, despite Bas being a cat, I feel like the two of them could get along (if Bas can get past Elias' smell xDD ). Elias is kind of like the ambassador for both his sister's business and her pack, so he would probably try to make amends or create some sort of pact with Bas! After all, it's a fairly small town and it's no good to be warring with everyone. xDD

Jun 28 2018, 01:27 PM
Elias JagerWerewolf • 108 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by Ciel • She/her • EST • contact PM/Discord
Elias
age 105
pronouns He/him
Group/Faction Jager Pack
Occupation Senior Creative Director
sexuality Bisexual
relationship Single
Partner None
face claim Evan Peters
I know right?? I adore Evan so much!! xD

Lmao Elias would totally understand where Bas is coming from about the no touchy thing!! And omg pop tarts?? If Bas wants Elias to come around, that's definitely the way to do it! He's like, an eating machine and a connoisseur of junk food. xD Honestly he might feel a little slighted at being called smelly, but I think overall he might agree. xD Maybe he can bring some nose plugs for Bas LOL.

But basically, these two should thread!! I think it would be fun to do the thread where Bas is confronting him maybe? About wandering into his territory?

Jun 29 2018, 12:37 AM
Magnus MarsdenWitch • 47 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by • • • contact
Group/Faction
Occupation
sexuality
relationship
Partner
face claim
Magnus x Bas

Magnus is an "A" word, and usually adorable isn't the first word that comes to mind. Try awkward. LOL. He would be tickled pink that Bas thinks he's cute though, and that a hot guy like Bas wants to hang out with him. Magnus is a sweet guy, very nerdy and eccentric, so if its the nerd factor Bas is going for, Magnus has plenty of it. I think they'd be cute asf together, and if it leads to friendship or more than just friends, even better!

Jun 29 2018, 10:45 PM
Jaime RenardVampire • 39 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by Wolfie • she/her • GMT • contact PM/Discord
Jem/Boss
age 124
pronouns he/him
Group/Faction Vampire mafia
Occupation Crime scene clean-up
sexuality Homosexual
relationship Single
Partner n/a
face claim Matt Bomer
Bas & Jaime
Excuse me while Jaime silently weeps because everyone wants to rub up on him in his personal space ;-;
Yeeees I'm up for an awkward thread where Jaime is literally horrified by every little thing xD Place your bets, will he pull out a knife or run away? Could be either, could be both. HAVE FUN BOYS.

Bas & Spook

WHILE I'M HERE. I think Bas is easy-going enough to cope with Spook? Not that he's particularly difficult to get along with, he just attracts trouble and mouths off more in clubs than he should. Depends how he feels about hippy dippy witch kids. He's a party boi, somewhere between screaming FIGHT ME at a mailbox and saying I loooove you. To the same mailbox probably.
Jul 2 2018, 08:45 PM
Courtland RheeHarpy • 30 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by Dae • They/Them • Pacific • contact P.M./Discord
Court
age 22
pronouns He/him
Group/Faction The Nine Bells
Occupation Shadow/Criminal
sexuality Uncertain
relationship Single
Partner
face claim Im Jae-Bum
BAS & ORI

Hey, so sorry I'm super late about replying! It's been a time for me this weekend. XD

Yeeeees, Ori is an adaptable little chameleon cat, but usually he's pretty subtle about it? lol. It would still be fun for someone outside the nine to call him out on his shit though! And he will sleep with anyone he pleases, but it'd be less about using the sex with Bas as leverage as Bas being useful because he has a pride and maybe one day Ori might need that for something? Always a motivation behind the motions. He also isn't much for cuddling with strangers, but he could make an exception for a particularly useful stranger. XD Or Bas could just force him to snuggle, and listen to Ori make grumpy kitten noises about it the entire time. Always fun too.

Jul 3 2018, 02:54 AM
Sydney ShahVampire • 35 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by Salt • She/Her • GMT • contact DM/Discord
Shah
age 20s (60s)
pronouns He/Him
Group/Faction Mafia
Occupation PI (Caporegime)
sexuality Gay
relationship Single
Partner N/A
face claim Zayn Malik
BAS & SYD
Heeey! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I've had a lot going on the last couple of weeks xD;

Anyway. YES. I definitely think these two should meet. Syd's always looking for bloodbags donors and there's no way he'd turn down getting to feed from a sphinx, Rex or not. I think their personalities would make things pretty interesting, too. Considering Syd's history. :'D

How would you wanna play the meeting? I'm figuring a sphinx would be able to sniff/sense out what Syd is. >> If you wanted to angle it towards that turnout, he usually goes looking for willing peeps at quieter bars and is always hungry if he reaches that point lol

Jul 6 2018, 07:25 PM
Sydney ShahVampire • 35 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by Salt • She/Her • GMT • contact DM/Discord
Shah
age 20s (60s)
pronouns He/Him
Group/Faction Mafia
Occupation PI (Caporegime)
sexuality Gay
relationship Single
Partner N/A
face claim Zayn Malik
Ha. It's not something Syd talks about, no. Depending on how Bas plays his cards, he might get a few trivia facts out of him, though. xD I'm sure Syd will be asking all the questions, anyway.

I'm in the middle of catching up with my threads after being away but when I'm done, I should be able to keep on top of them all. If you're up for a thread, I'm totally down with it. I can start it when I'm got all my tags done, if you want? ^^ Any particular choice in bar?

Jul 7 2018, 06:17 AM
Alexis CookeVampire • 63 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by foxi • she/her • est [-5] • contact pm/discord
lex
age IDK
pronouns he/him
Group/Faction TTYL
Occupation IT ; hacker
sexuality IDGAF
relationship AFK
Partner I&I
face claim ji chang wook
well hello there, gorgeous. I had totes meant to post on here before now actually but look at you. Beating me to the punch! Also, posting via my phone so no judging if there are sooo many errors or if everythings meshed together and makes no sense cause i can’t really go back to proof or fix well enough on here. Lol. Such tiny lil buttons man.

Oh look. Coding in there too. Mwahahaha. Mastering this thumb mashing posts—-but yeah so anyways, YES! These two have very similar styles in areas with just enough differences to keep it interesting. Lex is actually amusingly enough NOT a cat person and when i first made him he was actually allergic. Pffff—-but he’s good now. Yano. Other than being dead. Just has concerns with jaime’s damn cat chewing up his drives. And yes, so lex’s landlord is actually jaime. And youre meeting all of his teamies as well as him right now! So you GOTTA meet Lex. He even maybe kinda sorta tagged bas on max’s catfish fb account (in the social feed if you want a giggle. Titled @maxi-pad) and the poor blokes having it out with lex now over it. XD. Expect all the pranks! But also expect no boundaries because he’s kinda always stalking his peeps on his tech and hacking their phones to the point that its prob sorta sad. But he thinks of them as his fam so DEAL.

I am making no sense. Just. Yes to everything! Pffff—-lex is always eager to play and always eager for friends. You wont catch him saying no to stripping either in any respect, any time and anywhere, adooores cuddling and touching and just making his poor teammates uncomfortable with him all around. Expect all the attention on bas.

Jul 10 2018, 05:22 AM
Alexis CookeVampire • 63 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by foxi • she/her • est [-5] • contact pm/discord
lex
age IDK
pronouns he/him
Group/Faction TTYL
Occupation IT ; hacker
sexuality IDGAF
relationship AFK
Partner I&I
face claim ji chang wook
nooo regrets. He sees all you send bas. All of it. Has to be nosy and assure those dick picks arent like...threats to his members, yeah? XD. Gonna nose and run a check on bas and then just get hypnotized on his screen before jaime comes round to ask wtf are you doing. IM VETTING YER KITTEHS.

But yes thread. Thread. Def game. Yesterday and today theres an event at my work that im the host of so ill be slow responding like now but then after ill be golden. If you beat me to a thread starter first then yay. But if not anything really works for lex. Honestly. I can throw him into anything—-THIS IS NOT AN INVITE TO COME UP WITH THE WEIRDEST SHIT FOR HIM TO WALK IN ON. Or is it? Pfff

Jul 11 2018, 04:35 AM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively for DTD by laura