welcome
Welcome to Driving Toward Death! We are a supernatural site set in the fictional town of Scylla Bay, Alaska, where the town sees very little sunlight during the winter months and the climate is consistently freezing. Rumor has it supernaturals run the town, but there also lurks a powerful enemy in the darkness.
credits
This skin was coded by Laura exclusively for Driving Toward Death and should not be replicated in any way. Mini profile was also coded by Laura, and again, should not be replicated in any way. Pop out script is credited to Black at code, custom usermenu is credited to argents at wecode, the code script is credited to nicole, and the toggle cbox is credited to kismet! Skin purchased by Dusk.

staff

Add Reply
New Poll

The Anir Dynasty, Father, Mother, and 3 Brothers
Faruq AnirSphinx • 28 posts • currently Offline • message me • played by Ruby • she/her • EST • contact PM, Discord, Skype
Ruke
age 126
pronouns he/him
Group/Faction Personal
Occupation Game Developer
sexuality Straight
relationship Single
Partner None
face claim Rami Malek

The Family

The Anir family is based out of Phoenix, Arizona. They have a prominent mining company called Anir Copper Mining that was founded by Faruq’s grandparents in the early 1800s.

Faruq’s grandparents were killed supposedly by hunters in the mid-1800s and the business passed to Faruq’s father: the eldest of his own siblings. The death of the family patriarch and matriarch made their children over-protective and paranoid. When Faruq’s father stepped into the shoes of Head of the Family, it was very important to him that he keep his family safe.

There are agreed upon rules the whole family abides by:

• do not attract attention
  • do not seek fame (i.e. exposure)
  • do not get involved in conflicts (particularly with hunters)
  • keep the family’s nature a secret unless the individual you reveal it to is proven trustworthy

The entire Anir family is pretty tight-knit. They keep each other’s secrets, they come together when they need to, and they help each other always.

Generally, the succession for Head of the Family goes primarily to the first-born son if there is one. If there is no first-born son, it would next go to the current Head’s eldest brother. If there is also no eldest brother, it would next go to the first-born daughter. After that, it would fall to the Head’s sister.

In addition to the immediate family listed here, Faruq’s parents have many siblings, nieces, and nephews.

Any of Faruq’s siblings may also have spouses and children if the players desire it.

Notes

Everyone’s names are open, including last names (as some of them may have adopted modern day aliases that shed the name Anir).

I’m putting down faceclaim suggestions, but you can pick whoever you want as long as the ages are appropriate. Middle Eastern faceclaims would be ideal, as Faruq is of Egyptian descent, but it’s not a hard requirement for me.

I’ve ballparked ages and appearances as best I could, but please defer to the staff for age questions. I’m just taking a swag at it. We can tweak the ages to whatever works best for the lore and the characters.

Head of the Family

About

Faruq’s father is the current Head of the Family, which is the Anir equivalent of a ruler or Rex. On the surface, he’s a hard, tough man, someone who rarely laughs or smiles. He wasn’t always this way, but in recent years he’s been suffering from an ailment. Concerned with appearing weak, the patriarch has adopted a tough exterior he puts on with everyone except his wife: the only person in the family who knows of his condition. To his children, he appears to have become old and mean. For this reason, Faruq has grown distant from him and encouraged his younger brothers to do the same. Of all the father’s children, the eldest is the closest one to him, but their relationship has grown strained as the eldest Anir child has proven to be incompetent to lead the family.

Health

The condition of Faruq’s character and its symptoms are completely up to the player. I don’t plan to have him killed off or anything, so I don’t see it as something deadly, but something that makes it difficult for the man to be as quick, strong, or sharp as he needs to be. This could be anything from arthritis to dementia. Whatever fits for you.

I’ve ball-parked him to be in his 300s, but this is flexible.

History

His history is pretty open. The key points are that he married Faruq’s mother sometime prior to the birth of their eldest son. They had Faruq and two other sons. The exact timeline of these births is flexible, but should make sense. His parents were killed in the mid-1800s, and he was thrust into his father’s role. This would have been something he was groomed for, but it would have been a sudden shock to him.

Faceclaim

Suggestion: Ben Kingsley

The Matriarch

About

Faruq’s mother is actually the acting Head of the Family behind the scenes. She’s been taking up the slack for her husband as he’s fallen ill. This includes running the mining business alongside her eldest son, as well as many day-to-day tasks. Faruq’s mother is very warm and nurturing, a natural caregiver. She keeps in touch with all her children, siblings, nieces, and nephews. She’s the family’s liaison to her husband, particularly for those who no longer speak to him due to his cold demeanor of late. The matriarch is currently the only person who knows of her husband’s illness, and she’s been helping him keep it a secret.

I’ve ball-parked her to be in her 300s, but this is flexible.

History

Her history is pretty open. The key points are that she married Faruq’s father sometime prior to the birth of their eldest son. They had Faruq and two other sons. The exact timeline of these births is flexible, but should make sense. Her parents are alive, but distanced themselves from her and her husband after the deaths of her in-laws.

Faceclaim

Suggestion: Shohreh Aghdashloo

The First-Born Son

About

Faruq’s older brother has always been the favorite in a way. He was groomed from birth to be the heir to his father’s position as Head of the Family. Because of this, he was a little spoiled, told for as long as he can remember that he was important and deserving of respect. I see him as being charming and pleasant, but with an ego that’s easily bruised. I could see him being very competent when it comes to physical threats, but not so much with business and negotiation. As his father has become ill, he has fallen out of favor due to his ineptitudes. To the eldest son, this would seem strange (as he’s unaware his father is ill). He’d be working hard to stay in his father’s favor, but he’d also be frustrated he fell out of favor in the first place. He and Faruq have always had a competitive relationship, although Faruq gave up competing long ago. The elder brother did not and still sees Faruq as someone he needs to compete with for their father’s favor.

I’ve ball-parked him to be in his 200s, but this is flexible.

History

His history is pretty open. The key points are the births of his brothers after him. He could have a romantic partner, a family, what have you, but he doesn’t have to.

Faceclaim

Suggestions: Oded Fehr, Naveen Andrews, Oscar Isaac

The Third-Born Son

About

Faruq’s younger brother came along at a good time. His parents were grooming his elder two brothers for lives of obligation and responsibility. The third son would have been the first to be largely left alone in that regard. Not that he would have been neglected, but he would have had more freedom than his older brothers did when it came to choosing his life path. Because of this, I see him as being free-spirited and maybe a little irresponsible in some sense. He’s someone who’s been allowed to make mistakes. Faruq would have been a mentor for him as well as a buffer when needed. He would have looked out for his little brother and tried to shield him from the harsh judgment of their father and the competitive nature of their eldest brother. I imagine they’re fairly close. With Faruq potentially bumping up to Heir status, the third son would bump up as well to sort of the fallback.

I’ve ball-parked him to be in his 70s, but this is flexible.

History

His history is pretty open. The key points are the births of his brothers. He could have a romantic partner, a family, what have you, but he doesn’t have to.

Faceclaim

Suggestions: Tarkan Tevetoğlu, Theo Rossi

The Baby

About

Faruq’s youngest brother didn’t get a lot of attention from his parents, who were a bit preoccupied by the time he came along. His brothers would have all taken part in helping to raise him, so he likely has a close connection to each of them. I picture him being a bit of a problem child, acting out to get attention of any kind from his parents (even if they were yelling at him). Faruq would have tried to steer him away from this kind of behavior.

I’ve ball-parked him to be under 50, but this is flexible.

History

His history is pretty open. The key points are the births of his brothers. He could have a romantic partner, a family, what have you, but he doesn’t have to.

Faceclaim

Suggestions: Firass Dirani, Badr al-Zidane

Others

Faruq’s father also has a lot of siblings, any of whom could swoop in and try to make a claim to the title of Head of the Family. If you’d like to develop this kind of character let me know and I can help you put it together.

Mar 17 2018, 10:48 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively for DTD by laura